Electricity is highly hazardous. When it comes to household electrics, we should be very careful. Children should be learned never to play with electric switches. They should be taught not to put their fingers in sockets. They might get electric shock. This is one element at home that can cause severe damage to the your loved ones in the home and to the home itself. Your safety at home and also elsewhere should be your uppermost priority.
Too many wires running through
There’s a reason why electric wires are concealed within the walls. It’s not only about aesthetics. These cords can get tangled, or short out leading to tripped breakers, damaged outlets or even a fire. You should be careful where there are bunches of wires lying on the floors because at any point it can pose threat to humans and objects alike.
Frequent Electrical Surges
In layman’s term, electrical surges can be called as disturbances in power that is caused by lightning strikes, damage to power lines, faulty appliances and bad electrical wiring in the house. Normally a surge only lasts a microsecond. But if it happens frequently then it can damage the electrical components connected to your home, degrading their life expectancy significantly. If you experience frequent power interruptions or electrical surges, the offender is in all likelihood an electrical device that is connected to the home grid or the wiring itself. Frequent electrical surges can make any electrical device defective.
Sags/ Dips in Power
Sags or dips are typically what we commonly call as voltage drop. For example, in a voltage drop, suddenly the speed of the fan slows down and it causes major damage in the motor of it and likewise many other electronic devices.
Circuit Breaker Tripping Frequently
Frequently blown fuses or tripped breakers are designed to fail as a way to prevent overloading. A circuit breaker is designed to protect you and your home, so when it does trip, that’s a sign it’s doing its job. But if using a single outlet causes you to blow the same fuse repeatedly, the circuit is probably overloaded. For example, every time you go to use the microwave, and the fuse trips, then you have to understand that there is some persistent electrical problem. One of the biggest causes of frequent circuit breaker tripping is the overloading of power boards.
An electrical shock is a horrible experience. They can be mild or strong. Electrical shock does not always happen with a device. You can get a mild shock even when turning a tap. This can be due to wiring problem, earthing problem, etc. Do not touch the object if you get a shock from it. Stay away from it. An electric shock can electrocute a person and or set up a fire. So you have to take immediate measures.
Light Bulbs Burn Out Frequently
Burning out of light bulbs frequently is a serious matter. It does not only happen due to overuse, it also happens for loose connection in the circuit or socket. If you’re experiencing frequent bulb blowouts, it could be more serious than overuse. If you are facing this, you should be aware that something is not right and needs to be tackled on a priority bases.
Your senses should be very alert while dealing with electrical hazards. Burnt odour or funny odour should not be taken lightly. If you smell any such things, you should check every nook and corner and eliminate any possibility of any wire burning or any such things. In case if you detect an odd smell coming from an outlet, turn off and unplug anything connected to it. Don’t use it again until you’ve had a qualified electrician check it out. If your fuse box or breaker panel has a weird odor, call an electrician right away.
Did you know that electric has a sound? You won’t get to hear it if everything is working properly. But when its not, it gives out a buzzing sound. Consider it as an alarm sound also. Because if you hear the buzzing sound, you will have to understand that something’s is not right. If you’re sure a sound is originating at an outlet, stop using it and call an electrician.
All sparks that fly are not desirable. In case of electrical matters, sparks seen are a sign of danger. If you see a spark coming from fuse box or breaker panel or electrical appliance, then you should call a certified electrician immediately. Also you should stay away from that object as you need to understand that it is already damaged. You should get it fixed or replace the fixture at the earliest. A small spark can give rise to a big fire and cause fatality to life/lives.
If any kind of electrical problems is noticed in your home and also if any problem persists, please do not leave the matter there. Contact any certified electrician or any professional team who can give you the best possible solution in the most affordable way because the safety and security of your beloved ones and your home sweet home is your prime concern. If you do not have the expertise and tools to handle these problems, please do not do it yourself because it can be dangerous and fatal.
Only you can prevent house fires — or at least greatly lower the risk by keeping an eye out for these warning signs of trouble.